Golub & Company, its affiliates and all of our professionals feel an enduring connection to the environment and to the communities in which we serve.
We are committed to addressing climate change – both through the real estate services we deliver to clients, in the development decisions we make, and in our own operations. Earlier this decade, we developed our portfolio-wide Golub Green Initiative, a comprehensive approach to reducing our impact on the environment. This commitment to minimizing our buildings’ carbon footprint is a key component of our operating philosophy.
Golub’s extensive efforts in the past years have included the following strategies:
- Installation of energy efficient lighting techniques including recycled and fluorescent bulbs, motion sensitive lighting, programmable lighting and LED fixtures.
- Expansion of recycling programs that go beyond the standard paper, plastics, glass and metal recycling, to also include electronics and exhausted light bulbs.
- Enlistment of a building maintenance mandate to integrate more eco-friendly techniques and materials for housekeeping chemicals and products.
- Strategic purchasing of electricity and natural gas in bulk across the portfolio to reduce landlord and tenant energy costs.
- Investment in LEED GA and LEED AP training programs for employees.
- Facilitation of Eco-Seminars and Recycling Fairs at properties.
- Industry-level support and participation by Golub people on green committees, energy committees, sustainability committees and active representation in BOMA, the U.S. Green Building Council, Urban Land Institute, Chicago Gateway Green, Magnificent Mile Association, the Chicago Loop Alliance and other industry and sustainability associations.
- Community-level support of Earth Hour, Earth Day, and other environmentally conscious efforts that affect our properties and tenants.
Golub is proud of its continued efforts to develop, manage and enhance high performance buildings and facilitate a harmonious environment within them.download sustainability pdf here