Farpoint Development and Golub and Company Break Ground on New Resident Clubhouse at Bronzeville’s Prairie Shores
New building adds a modern, multifunctional recreation space for the Prairie Shores community
June 9, 2021 – Prairie Shores Owners will break ground today for construction of a new, standalone clubhouse for residents of the iconic Bronzeville apartments on South Martin Luther King Drive. Once completed, the 17,500 square foot, two-story structure will feature various amenities that will provide an array of entertainment, recreation, fitness and workspace options for residents. Construction is expected to be completed by the second quarter of 2022. The building will be located between the 2901 and 2951 towers along Martin Luther King Drive.
Prairies Shores is a five-tower apartment community, composed of 1,675 units. The property was purchased in 2019 by Chicago-based firms Golub & Company and Farpoint Development, along with New York-based Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group.
The clubhouse construction is one phase of planned renovations that will modernize the units and common areas in all five Prairie Shores towers. In addition to the clubhouse, other renovation plans include interior unit renovations, upgrades to corridors and lobbies, elevator modernization, and enhanced landscaping.
“People who live at Prairie Shores work hard and are proud of their community, and they deserve a modern space that invites them to relax and engage with their neighbors,” said Steve Sise, senior vice president of portfolio management at Golub & Company. “We’re excited to bring back a stronger sense of neighborhood to the families of Prairie Shores.”
- Roof deck: three grill stations for cooking, bar seating, lounge seating, two fire pits, outdoor media walls, elevated turf platform
- A two-story fitness center: the second floor will feature a cardio studio including cardio equipment with TVs, yoga, private wellness room; the first floor will feature equipment for weight training, crossfit training and strength training
- Grab n’ go café area and standalone vending
- “Great” room with lounge seating, fireplace, and TVs
- Game room and kitchen area – pool table, TVs, kitchen bar and high-top seating
- Co-working lounge – lounge and booth seating for groups or individual seating for working, private conference room and private work/computer rooms
In addition to these, the clubhouse will house the new Prairie Shores leasing and management offices. The updates and additions to the campus will complement the resurgence of equitable development happening in the Bronzeville community.
“Prairie Shores’ modernization will ensure it continues to be an attractive housing option for current and future residents,” said Morgan Malone, Farpoint Development’s director of development and external affairs. “As plans get underway to develop nearby lakefront areas, Prairie Shores will continue to be a thriving residential housing anchor for the Bronzeville community.”